Top 12 Reproductions of Famous Painitngs
Here at Newport Brushstrokes, we have a section for reproductions to select from. Here’s are the top 12 oil paintings that we can have made into reproductions. These are beautiful oil paintings that are timeless masterpieces. The fascination with these artworks is still present to this day. The artists of these oil paintings (listed below) were pioneers of their respective art movements.
- Vincent Van Gogh, The Starry Night, 1889
- Vincent Van Gogh, Irises, 1889
- Vincent Van Gogh, Café Terrace at Night, 1888
- Leonardo Da Vinci, Mona Lisa, 1503-04
- Gustav Klimt, The Kiss, 1907-08
- Katsushika Hokusai, Great Wave off Kanagawa, 1830
- Jan Vermeer, The Girl with a Pearl Earring, 1665
- Georges Seurat, A Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte, 1884
- Auguste Renoir, Bal du moulin de la Galette (commonly known as Dance at Le moulin de la Galette), 1876
- Edvard Munch, The Scream, 1893
- Rembrandt Night Watch, 1642
- Grant Wood, American Gothic, 1930
Reproductions are popular for a many reasons. If you don’t have the means to buy an original oil painting, a reproduction is a more affordable alternative. You have more selections to choose from the sizes of artworks and the style of the frames. There’s a feeling of accessibility in owning a reproduction of a masterpiece oil painting. When a reproduction is done right, it will feel as though you own the original. It’s a way to appreciate and honour art.
If you’re interested in a reproduction of these masterpieces, you can find these oil paintings on the catalogue section of our website under Art Selection.
Flora Habbab, BFA
You can follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
To upload your photos, go to our Photo to Canvas page of our website