The Sistine Madonna, also called the Madonna di San Sisto, is an Italian Renaissance oil painting by the Italian artist Raphael. The painting was commissioned in 1512 by Pope Julius II for the church of San Sisto, Piacenza, and probably executed c. 1513–1514. In the artwork, the Madonna, holding Christ Child and flanked by Saint Sixtus and Saint Barbara, stands on clouds before dozens of obscured putti, while two distinctive winged putti rest on their elbows beneath her.
The canvas was one of the last Madonnas painted by Raphael.
The painting was moved to Dresden in 1754 and is well known for its influence on the German and Russian art scenes.